I got a calling... one that I've never even heard of. I'm the Compasionate Service Leader. My bishop said we would talk later as to what the specifics of that are. I don't think he even knew. Anywho.... I had a much healthier dinner tonight. I had a lovely spinach salad from tomassitos. It was delicious! It had almonds and orange slices in it. Yum! And i'm trying to put off doing my huge amount of spanish homework... It's working! I think I want to go back to second grade where all I have for homework is a one page worksheet of simple addition... *sigh* but alas wishes don't always come true! haha
So, I'm also still really sick. So sick in fact that I finally broke down and made an apointment with the doctor :( ...I really hate doctors. But maybe I'll stop coughing up my lungs. My roommate said I was making funny noises in my sleep last night like i couldn't breathe... that's probably not a good sign. So off to the scary scary doctors I go on thursday.
Nothing really is new with me. Just the same old thing homework, class and more homework...
woohoo!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Compasionate Service Leader... What is that anyway?!?
Posted by Emilie at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
hahaaaaaa! Ask Susan Nicholas...and Sister Karr. Compassionate Service Leader is right up your alley! Meredith Dillon-Maginnis pegged you for your gifts in this area in first grade (and yes, I know you hate for me to remind you of that!) Face it, chick! You are who you are; embrace the compassionate you! Congratulations 61st Ward on your great call! You ROCK, Em!
Hey, Emilie! Daisy also has that calling right now! You should contact her. I'm sure you'll be perfectly compassionate! :)
well, this is a great calling. When someone is ill--cancer, bed rest stuff--you make sure they have meals. You help people who are new to the ward with info like a ward directory and a calender of events. Just look around--if someone needs a kind word or a smile you do it. Maybe make some nice friendship notes and drop them in your sisters' mailboxes. Just help the RS pres. If you see someone has a special need, you let her know. It is a very fun calling! Especially as you are unlikely to have any births or funerals in your ward!
Post a Comment