I never understood the concept of the "UGG" boot...especially when the sorority girls wear them with mini skirts....I mean seriously. My friends and I called them UGG(LY) and swore we would never own a pair. Well, now I understand. And am ashamed to say that I ordered a pair from Overstocks.com and embraced their warm wool-lined goodness with open arms! I am ashamed, but my toes are warm!! I ordered the chocolate brown version and they look (almost) cute with my sweaters. 
Shortly after my UGGs arrived, I got sick... yes, it's sad. Thursday, I slept so much, which is so out of the ordinary for me, that my roommate thought I had died. She told me later she was tempted to poke me just to see if anything happened. Luckily she saw that I was breathing and didn't interrupt my much needed REM cycle. Long story short, on Friday I went from very sick to hyper in the course of about 2 hours (making my friends and roommates wonder about my mental stability)
After not being able to eat much for three days, i wanted ice cream! Insane, I know... So after dinner on friday Cat and I got ice cream and ate it in 38 degree windy weather.
Right before this picture was taken Cat exclaimed: "Why are we eating ice cream?!? Oh yea, cuz it's good and YOU'RE AND IDIOT!!!" Sorry Cat... but It was fun! Later that night we went to Dairy Queen and got a blizzard! More ice cream! Yay! I'm so glad i can eat real food again!
This morning after I got out of the shower I heard screams...wondering what on earth was going on, i opened the blinds to see SNOW! Pouring down from the heavens in big beautiful flakes! Of COURSE all the girls from the southern states ran outside to take pictures for our friends back home... here are some samples of my photographic masterpieces...

So, I'd been promising my friend Cory that I'd go to one of his football games and he had one at 2 today and I absolutely promised him i would be there...not anticipating frozen water to be falling from the sky... buuuut because I am SUCH a nice person, I went. I LOVE my UGG boots after not only Cory's game, but I also stayed with my roommate, Rachel to watch her boyfriend, Josh's game. My toes were frozen, but I can't imagine how bad it would have been without that toasty wool-lined amazingness! So, just to describe my apparel... I was wearing my UGG boots, jeans, sweater, coat, scarf, flowered hat, and like 3 blankets between the two of us.... here's a lovely picture of Rachel and I freezing our little buns off
...by the look on the guy's face behind us apparently the ref had just made a bad call... that or he was just cold. Who knows? Anyway, Poor Cory's team lost :( but Josh's team won, so... yay! haha After we went to Josh's house and made pizzas Yum! Then I went to Cory's house as I end up doing almost every weekend because we're both social rejects. As he was walking me home (like a total gentleman not wanting me to get attacked walking across campus at almost midnight) it snowed... and then snowed harder! Oh my gosh I couldn't see! He made fun of me the entire way but then made a snowball and let me throw it at him (breaking a city ordinance...oops? but ya gotta have some fun, right?) When I got back to my apartment snow was EVERY WHERE! ...on my pants, boots, in my hair, on my hat and scarf, even in my eyelashes... I tried to take a pict but it didn't come out very well. And neither did the picture I tried to take of the snow actually accumulating on the grass, but here ya go...

So, it looks like you, the readers of my blog are now finally caught up on the crazy life of Emilie!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
UGG(lies), sickness, ice cream, snow and football...
Posted by Emilie at 6:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Great pictures! I like the UGG boots, but I am more into function than fashion anyway. You can't have enough good boots!
Post a Comment