
I forgot to tell you guys that I helped run the BYU-Idaho Inaugural Law Fair on Thursday. And might I say, I looked fabulous while I was doing it! I learned a lot of interesting things. Mainly that LSAT scores are super important (which I already knew) but I also learned about some things that I want/don't want in a law school. Several universities came to talk to potential students about their schools. I mainly just hung back and listened since I was a freshman, and wouldn't be applying for quite some time the admissions people wouldn't remember my name anyway. It was also good to learn what types of things to ask about when I do finally get to the point of seriously talking to admissions board members. I got to talk to a guy from the University of Idaho, and while he was a great guy, and fun to talk to, and I learned a lot, the University of Idaho isn't the right fit for me. One of the last places I went was to where Washburn University was set up. I really think I like that one! For one, the average LSAT scores and GPA are much more reasonable as well as the tuition! AND you can get instate tuition by living there for only six months! Sweet deal, yeah? Plus this school gives away tons more scholarship money to average people like me! I was impressed with the representative (an alum, not some stuck up guy from admissions) who had a lot of really good things to say about it. Only drawback is that Washburn is located in Topeka Kansas.... Oh well! 
Monday, October 20, 2008
Law Fair
Posted by Emilie at 3:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You're so coooooawhl.
I like Kansas. It's closer to MS than Idaho, the Yamnicks live there, Susan D is considering moving there, the geographical center of the lower 48 states is in there, Helium was discovered at U of Kansas, Amelia Earhart was born there, Pizza Hut and White Castle (hamburgers) were born there, aaaand it's not flat: it slopes 3300 feet in elevation from it's Colorado border to it's Missouri border...You could do worse.
Wow.. you have some mad googling skills there
Post a Comment