I know many of you are wanting to know about my intern training trip, so I thought I would begin my blog again now so that I could inform everyone at the same time.
Of course because I have somehow offended the airplane gods, I had a not so pleasant trip there or back. However when I finally arrived (3 hours late!) the training was very informative and helpful. We had mini workshops to educate us about some of the inner workings of the society and how certain things should be conducted. We also publicly humiliated ourselves all in the name of fun and having a good time, did line dances as a huge group, and exhibited enough "spirit" fit for a cheerleading camp. We were served very delicious meals by the hotel. At one such meal, I unknowingly made friends with the founder and national president. We're pretty much best buds. We had a lot of good conversations.
The highlight of the trip was of course the short trip to New York city Saturday night. The society didn't provide us transportation of course, but one member of the group found a limo service that also offered busses. We got two busses together (about sixty people in all) and headed to New York until 2 in the morning. It truly is the city that never sleeps. I was shocked at the crowds that were still out! We saw just about everything. We did like a mini tour of all the attractions. We saw the statue of liberty, little italy, china town, wall street, "the bull," broadway, rockafeller center, ground zero, the empire state building, and the highlight of the evening was when we were dropped off at times square for about an hour and a half. We rand wild through times square eating New York style pizza, visiting "m&m world" and just enjoying the sites.
Part of the group on the bus

Apparently it is considered "good luck" to stick one's head into the bull's butt...however, I refrained from this very strange ritual
My group on Times Square 
We used the "buddy system" like children on a field trip lol This is my "buddy" Lara
These are just random pictures from Times Square








We met our bus driver back at the theater playing the broadway version of "the Lion King"
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Newark, New York, and home again...
Posted by Emilie at 10:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment