
Oh man, I had a rather interesting trip back to Idaho. So, we get to the Roanoke airport to discover that my first flight has been delayed, so right off the bat I'm going to be late. The guy behind the counter tells us that I'll get into Salt Lake at like 11, which of course is not going to work because the shuttle taking me to Rexburg was leaving at 9. So, he makes come calls, types some things into the computer, goes and checks with some people... aaaand tells us that I can move to Delta and I would be leaving Roanoke later but would get to Salt Lake at 8:30. Perfect. Well, turns out there was "something in the way the reservation was made that was making the transfer difficult." So, we head to the Delta counter where they stare at the computer for a while. Finally the guy says the best he could do was give me one boarding pass, but give me a print out of the confirmation numbers for the next two. This makes me nervous but of course I take what I can get. Not to mention at this point I have switched airlines, I'm now flying from Roanoke to Atlanta instead of Charlotte.... I'm slightly confused by the whole thing.
When I get to the security checkpoint, much to my dismay I am informed that I have been selected for the extensive search... great. I go in the little glass box and am patted down while two men search my stuff. Lovely. At least this time they didn't find pepper spray...
I get to my gate, and they call us to board... only to get turned around because all of the planes have been grounded due to weather. The same lady who had been one of the ones trying to work on my tickets earlier was at the desk and calls me up to tell me that I may or may not make it to my next flight in Atlanta and that If i didn't i would have to change airlines... again. Might I remind you all that I still don't have boarding passes for any of my other flights. I'm starting to stress out. They finally clear us to take off, and that was probably the worst flight I've ever been on. Crazy turbulence the whole time and I couldn't see anything but fog when I looked out the window. I couldn't even see the ground until about 5 seconds before the wheels hit the runway. I seriously thought we were going to crash. Luckily, the guy at the desk back in Roanoke had given me the scheduled gate number for the next flight. I booked it and barely made it. I was the last person to board. They closed the door right after I walked through it.
This was the four hour flight from Atlanta to Phoenix. I was squished in between an almost attractive guy (although his arms were covered in tattoos) and an ancient guy who breathed on me the whole way. I felt like Monk. I really didn't think I was going to make it. But, luckily, I did, and I had to bolt out of that plane and find my next one. I didn't have a gate number for this one, but thank goodness it was just right across from the one I had just gotten off of. They had already printed my boarding pass, and once again I was one of the last people to board. This was probably one of the best flights I've been on. Take off and landing were perfect and there was very little turbulence compared to my other two flights. I landed in Salt Lake at 8:45 (remember the shuttle left at 9) and walked as quickly as I could to baggage claim... only to find out that my bag had been left in Phoenix. Fantastic.
Lucky for me, the bus was late in leaving. Unfortunately, however the heat was broken... as in it wouldn't turn off. The guy beside me and the girl in front of us talked for about half the trip while we absolutely roasted. We stopped in the middle of no where in Utah to get fuel and i FINALLY got to potty... did I had had to pee since Georgia? Well, I did. But there had been to much turbulence on the plane and not enough time in between to go at any of the airports. It was a very interesting day. Oh, and then I adjusted in my seat, and found that it was broken. It reclined right into the guy's lap behind me. So, after that I had to be super careful about how I sat.
I finally made it back to my dorm at about 2:15 am. and then i slept.....aaaaalll day. And I finally got my bag (after two very dissatisfied calls to Delta) at about 9pm.
My trip there and my stay in Virginia was absolutely amazing though. I had so much fun seeing everyone! I went shopping, dyed Elizabeth's hair pink, had lots of fun lunches with the girls and the last dinner at Jimmy V's was a night that I will always remember. I haven't laughed like that in I don't know how long. It was a good for the soul kind of laugh. I'm sad to be back in Rexburg even though it's good to see the girls. I'll be leaving in two short but stressful weeks! YAY!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Idaho at last....
Posted by Emilie at 11:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment