BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 6, 2009

I slept in a tent!

For the 4th of July weekend, Catherine and I went up to Idaho Falls and spent Friday night and Saturday with a bunch of people Catherine knew from the military base in Hawaii. The "kids" (one high schooler, a couple of college kids, and some graduates) spent the night in tents set up in their backyard. We roasted marshmallows, made s'mores, and shot fireworks. Unfortunately, I left my phone in Rexburg for the weekend, and Catherine's died Friday, so I have no evidence of me sleeping in a tent, outside, on the ground. But it did happen, I promise! I even learned how to set up tents. AND I walked in the grass...BAREFOOT... oh, I know! I'm a real outdoors-(wo)man now! Haha totally kidding! Sister Titus made a big breakfast for us, and then we all got ready and went to the river where there were vendors set up with some bands and lots of food. (it was a tiny bit like double decker, only not nearly as fun and much, much smaller) Then when it FINALLY got dark around 10, they shot off fireworks. Fireworks in Idaho Falls is pretty cool. They shoot them over the river, so people can line up along it to watch, and there is a radio broadcast that goes along with it. It was fun, but it made me miss watching fireworks in the Ole Miss baseball stadium. I'm soooo ready to be home! Just 3 more weeks!

This is Mariah, Catherine and I just before fireworks... Those lovely looks are due to camping and then being in the sun all day. Thank you Idaho...

0 comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones